18 May 2008

Poll results: The final

A quick round-up of the results of the poll about where you all expect the Big Four and the hosts to be on the scoreboard at the end of the final. They can be divided fairly cleanly in three.

More than 90% of those who voted feel that Serbia's Oro will rekindle the tradition of the hosts ending somewhere in the top 10, with as many as almost 2 out of every 3 voters confident that it will finish somewhere between 1st and 5th. (As you can probably tell from my review below, I don't share that confidence, but there you are.)

At the other end of the scale, more than 75% of all respondents feel that France, Germany and the United Kingdom will be in the bottom 10. Andy Abraham and Even If fare worst, with 76% of voters predicting it will finish somewhere between 21st and last.

Very much in the middle is Spain, whose novelty entry Baila El Chiki Chiki is thought as likely to finish 1st as it is 5th, 15th or 25th by virtually the same number of voters. That said, a slight majority see it finishing in the second column on the scoreboard rather than the first, and for what it's worth I'm one of them, although it wouldn't surprise me if it did better.

Having now reviewed all of the songs I'm going to open one last poll prior to Eurovision week to see who people think, after all, is most likely to win. Rather than including all 43 entries it will be based on the predictions from previous polls about qualifiers from each of the semi-finals and thus include 25 countries, just like the final itself. For the last time this season: get voting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've really enjoyed reading your song reviews and I hope you continue commenting during this contest week.

phutty said...

No can do I'm afraid :) I will be away from Thursday watching the 2nd semi and final in Amsterdam with friends, so I could comment on the 1st semi but then miss out on the rest, and I don't want to do that. I'll do a round-up of the whole shebang next week. Keep checking in :)